direction
Thursday, May 20 at 1:52 PM

i think it's funny (and sad) that we as Christians spend so much time and energy trying to "find God's will for our lives." for me, college was the time when i wrestled with this issue the most. i wanted to know what God wanted me to do with my life...i wanted to find out what direction i would be headed after graduation. i would go on fca retreats and attend the "finding God's will" breakout sessions...and yet i never found the "answer." turns out that the "answer" i was looking for is one that will never come.
"A man's steps are directed by the Lord.
How then can anyone understand his own way?"
Proverbs 20:24

i'm not in control...i believe that much of my desire to know what the future holds comes from some need to feel in control of my life. but i'm not. and when i really think about what that means, i am completely grateful. i can't understand my own way...and i don't need to. God is directing my steps. what could be more comforting that that?